ILEI-Australia is an internet discussion group which overlaps considerably with
the Australian membership of ILEI and includes many members of AEA.
members are already working on several projects including :
1. A submission to the Commonwealth Country Areas Program and , indirectly, the
NSW Board of Studies regarding the use of Esperanto as a preliminary LOTE (Language Other Than English). If successful, it
will bring many more paid teachers into ILEI and establish Esperanto within the mainstream of Australian schooling.
2. Adult education through community colleges and correspondence courses.
3.Advertising scholarships and producing resource packs for primary teachers
at Summer School (ELWA).
4. Newcastle Esperanto Club is preparing
and publicising opportunities for newcomers to learn in a social environment, as well as privately.
5. Designing and producing Montessori - Esperanto materials.
Other projects which may be implemented in future include:
1. World Vision – offer a course to specialists in International Liaison.
2. Home Schoolers – develop support group to introduce Esperanto and the
global community of children.
3. International Baccalaureate –
work with ILEI international toshow IB that Esperanto would be an equitable and useful ab initio language.
4. Present Esperanto at the International Montessori Conference in Sydney 2005.
5. Approach to NSW BOS re-Esperanto as preparation for university language study.(On
hold at present).